A leading Canadian retail logistics provider had an existing parcel tracking portal based on a .NET 5 backend and a React frontend. However, these technologies had become outdated relative to their business processes due to a lack of resources to support them at the required pace. As a result, their customers had no access to the most recent business features. They contacted Imaginet to develop an updated portal for parcel tracking and to reduce the effort required for future support and development.
To fulfill the client’s requirements, Imaginet developed a new portal which included the following features:
- Up-to-date business advancements, such as various search criteria for customers and extended access for authorized users.
- A progressive web application that customers and staff can download. With the ability to save the front-end application, they won’t have to wait for it to load the next time they need it.
- Implementation of Blazor for the frontend rather than React. This reduced the learning curve for developers since both frontend and backend logic and data structures can be written using C#
- A code-first database development to support a DevOps workflow and eliminate errors due to missed database updates.
With this project, we also introduced new Blazor technology and followed clean architecture principles so our client will have a good reference design for future projects and reduce the learning curve.
With an updated portal in place, our client can now provide their latest business features to their customers.
Our team has been working hard these last few months, and we are excited to share our success with you. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter to stay updated on our most recent Microsoft 365 projects. Fill out the form at the bottom of the page if you would like to work with us and someone will be in touch.
- NET 6
- ASP.NET Core 6
- Entity Framework Core 6
- Fluent Validation
- Microsoft Identity Platform
- Progressive Web Application
- Azure DevOps
- Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
- SQL Server 2019
- SQL Stored procedures
- Visual Studio 2022
SQL Saturday Part 2: Learning About Microsoft Fabric February 29, 2024 I’ve been digging into Microsoft Fabric recently – well overdue, since it was first released about a year ago. At the recent SQL Saturday Atlanta event I attended in…
A well-known consumer packaged goods (CPG) company specializing in pet food contacted Imaginet to complete and polish a custom application started by a few interns. The application was not as far along as they initially thought, and they needed support. …
My Trip to SQL Saturday Atlanta (BI Edition): Part 1 February 23, 2024 Recently, I had the opportunity to attend SQL Saturday Atlanta (BI edition), a free annual event for data professionals and enthusiasts held in Alpharetta Georgia. I spoke…
Let’s Build Something Amazing Together
From concept to handoff, we’d love to learn more about what you are working on.
Send us a message below or drop us a line at 1-800-989-6022.